Monday, September 21, 2009

Crazy Love: Chapter One

9/20/09

Crazy Love-Chapter 1

My Thoughts:

Wow, just wow. But I am still a bit lost. How can I show my gratefulness, love, joy, awe to a God so big? As I read this book I seem to get it, but I can’t help but question how. How do I do it? I think that’s a big issue in me not totally committing. I believe and I feel that I’m sincere in that belief, but I’m just not following through. I pray, but is it selfishly asking for things? I need to praise more often. That too is important, even more important I’m sure. I also think how do we know, but that is just from my lack of knowledge. I know that I will know more about how I should act/worship by reading the Bible. I need to do that more often. I also need to attend church. And I want to. I’m just mostly lazy and worried. I don’t want to be judged for not attending regularly. This fear is probably mostly in vain, as I know that I won’t be judged, just welcomed with open arms. I enjoy church every time I go and learn from whatever message it is that I hear. I usually feel that I am being spoken to. That my life is what the Pastor is basing his sermon on. And really, that is not that far off. And I’m sure that most people feel that way during a church service. How can you not? How can you not take the words of God and apply them to your life? You most certainly can, and you are most definitely SUPPOSED to. I need to work on that. I’m not perfect and I don’t know anyone who is. But I should try harder.


Notes from Jess & Angie's Video:

Quotes:

R.C. Sproul: “Men are never duly touched and impressed with a conviction of their insignificance, until they have contrasted themselves with the majesty of God.” Pg. 26

Chan: “…In our world, where hundreds of things distract us from God, we have to intentionally and consistently remind ourselves of Him.” Pg. 29

Chan: “He has more of a right to ask us why so many people are starving. As much as we want God to explain himself to us, His creation, we are in no place to demand that He give an account to us.” Pg. 33

Practical Application:


Clipboard next to sink with prayer requests/scripture/friends to pray for

Journaling: separate with tabs- scripture, journal, prayer request, what I love, books to read

Scripture Memory

Other Sites:

A Holy Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment