Monday, September 21, 2009

Crazy Love: Chapter Two

Crazy Love-Chapter 2
My Thoughts:

It is hard to stop and think that this life I am living, that God gave to me, could end at any moment. I certainly do not live my life thinking that He could take me at any given moment. It is a hard thought to process. I have so much going on throughout the day that I don’t really sit to stop and think about the live I have. A life that I was gifted. And thinking of it like that, as a gift, is a new thought. I should cherish I it more because it could be gone tomorrow. Not only should I cherish it more, I should use it to praise God more. I should use every moment of my life to glorify God, no matter what I’m doing. It is also hard for me to surrender all of my stress and worries to God. The biggest issue I have with this is my kids. How can I NOT worry about my children? I pray for them, and ask God’s protection for them almost daily, but I still worry about them. I worry for them. I’m not sure that I can just let go of that. I get why I should though. And that is a bit of arrogance on my part. I should trust Him enough to just let it go. It is something that I am working on and struggling with daily. But that is part of learning and growing as a Christian. I think that realizing that is good.
I can really appreciate the movie metaphor. It puts it in perspective. I am not the lead role in my life. I should not live it that way. God is in the lead and I should live it that way. I don’t, and I’m not sure I know many people that actually do live that way. It is hard. How hard is it to say, “Well I had a hard day today, but it’s not about that, it’s not about me. I’m going to thank God for this day, no matter how difficult it was.” I certainly don’t thank anyone for my hard days, but I should be thanking Him for each and every day.
Level of humanity……human’s feel emotions and then we should offer that to God. Grace.

Quotes:
“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Do not be anxious about anything.” (Phil. 4:4-6) pg. 41
Chan: “Certainly no one will care what job you had, what care you drove, what school you attended, or what clothes you wore. This can be terrifying or reassuring or maybe a mix of both.” Pg. 46
Stories of Stan Gerlach & Brooke Bronkowski pgs. 46-49
His work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man’s work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames. 1 Cor. 3:13-15

Practical Application:

Scripture on blog
Be aware of thoughts that are holding me captive

Other:

Lyrics on the Bloom Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment